Thursday, April 21, 2011

Amazing Love

"Oh how He loves you and me,
He gave His life, what more could He give,
Oh how He loves you, Oh how He loves me,
Oh how He loves you and me!"    
                                                   -traditional


A love so vast He spread it wide on the broken trunk of a tree. 
A love so pure it flowed from pierced hands and feet.
A love so strong the earth shook and the rocks broke in pieces.
A love that put aside heaven to seek the humble humanity of us all.


That is amazing love.  That is a love I cannot begin to understand or comprehend.  That is a love that was given for me and for you.

His love. . . his sacrifice is a gift of eternal significance.

Take the time today to dwell on what it cost, so that we may have salvation.
Be still and remember His amazing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment