Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"A merry heart does good like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones."
                                                                             Proverbs 17:22


Dry bones hung around here today.  Summer boredom can creep up on me when I least expect it and change my attitude around in a matter of seconds.  I have learned too often in my life that sin breeds sin and love breeds love.  When I allow the smallest sin in my life it leads to another sin that's just a bit bigger and another bigger still until my heart and attitude and actions are sorrowfully sin'full.' 


The creeping blackness of sin usually enters my mind first, a wrong thought, a feeling of self-pity, impatience with little ones.  This is how the enemy works.  It's how he tricked Eve.  He planted a small seed of thought in her mind.  "Did God really say?"  Can He really be trusted?  That seed of doubt led to a choice that led to an action that brought on the sin of the world. 

How careful we must be with our thoughts!  The mind is very powerful and leads us to works of good or evil.  If the mind can be discplined to take captive thoughts that will lead us to harm and focus only on what is profitable for good then we can be pleasing to the Father. 

Tonight, my focus changed simply because I made up my mind to turn from ruin to joy.  My only hope is that I can be disciplined enough to do it tomorrow when life goes crazy again and frustrations come and little ones cling.  I can choose joy because I choose Him.  He is good for my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment