Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring!

Time is so fleeting.  I feel it and see it all around me.  I notice it in the crinkles around my eyes when I smile.  I notice it in creaking floorboards, tired from the trampling of little feet.  It's working its way into my own flesh, as once young smooth skin bears the creases of time along worn fingers.  Weary muscles at the end of playground days.  Dents, smudges, scratches in wooden furniture bearing the marks of accidents or life or both.  Fraying threads on my favorite dress, broken straps on favorite shoes.  Then there's my beautiful children. . . losing their baby pudgy hands, growing tall, changing.

I love how the Creator fashioned the seasons in which time dwells.  Seasons of change, seasons of new birth.  Just when we think we have things figured out, or just when we think we have reached the end. . .things change.  Suddenly there is spring. . .





He breathes new life into the old, tired, weary soul.  The frigid, hard heart of winter is warmed in His love.  We let go of the shivering self-centered thinking and let His Spirit flow freely through us.  Then all we can do is burst forth in praise, in song, in worship, in adoration!  The bursting joy of spring is not silent.  The earth cannot contain His glory and neither should we.  So stop right now and praise our Creator God! 






"Sing to the Lord, for He has done glorious things."  Isaiah 12:5







-My apologies for not writing in awhile, just back from a much needed vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment