Monday, January 17, 2011

Gratitude

There are few people whose words can inspire so deeply that I am moved to action.
By nature, I tend to take the easy road.  Less is more, my thoughts suggest.  I'll finish that another time. . .
But I forget that time is my gift.  Time is the root of life.

The moments, that make up the hours, that make up the days, that make up years, are lost or found in time.

What am I doing with my moments? 

Well, I have been inspired to use my moments well, in gratitude, in thanksgiving, and in praise.

So I will begin my list.  Writing down what my heart breathes.  Giving voice to the quiet spirit within.


I AM THANKFUL for. . .

1.  A broken Savior who died for my blackest of sins.

2.  The Word by which I know Him.

3.  A Father who sees me for who I am and loves me anyway.

4.  The oneness of marriage.

5.  My sweet and precious children.

6.  Red-haired, curly headed boys with chocolate eyes and arms full of hugs.

7.  Growing, independent little girls who help and chatter and love.

8.  Baby boys with sky blue eyes and a rascal smile who whisper "I lub you."

9.  A home.  A refuge.  A growing place for our family.

10.  Cold night skies with constant stars.

11.  Ann for her words of wisdom and inspiration.


Thank you Lord.  For you are the Creator and Sustainer of all things.  I give you praise, for it is in you alone that we "live and move and have our being."


http://www.aholyexperience.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment