Monday, January 3, 2011

Known (and Loved Anyway)

"Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord."  Psalm 139:4

Isn't that amazing!  Before I speak, before I write, before I even think the thoughts of what I am going to think or write He knows and has known since before I was born.  He knows the number of my days and the hairs of my head.  He knows and thinks wonderful thoughts about me. 

Sometimes I don't fully believe that. 
Sometimes I doubt His pleasure in this fallen, failing, fainting child. 
Who am I to question the beautful character of my Creator, for He tells me -

"The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all He has made.  The Lord is near to all who call on Him...The Lord watches over all who love Him."  Psalm 145:17-20


He is near.
He is watching.

Will what He sees in my life bring pleasure or sorrow?

We have all been given this wonderful gift of life.  And He has made us exactly who we are for a reason, to fulfill a purpose for His kingdom. 

So whatever I do should be in worship to Him, my Life Giver, my all knowing One.  Whether I am making another peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my little ones, or feeding my neighbors dogs, or praying for the cancer stricken child down the road, or calling to encourage a lonely sister in Christ, may my hands and my gifts be used for His glory.

For He is near. 
And He is watching.
And He is rejoicing or mourning over the choices I make.

So let this wonderfully made one, be worthy of that title and do wonderful things for Him.  For our actions are the fruit of our faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment