Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome Fresh Start!

New Year's Day!  A day to begin again, to start fresh, full of hope and possibility.  I wish I could say my new year started out wonderfully, but I may have already broken 2 of my new year resolutions.  I am thankful for grace and for second chances even when it's over the little things.  That's the amazing thing about our Lord - His Grace.

He lavishes grace upon all of us sin coated children.  He looks upon us with genuine and heart opening love, even when we may not look or feel so lovely.  His thoughts are beyond our imagination.  He loves ME!  He looks upon ME with joy and pleasure.  Sometimes I don't know why.  I feel so undeserving of that love, so inadequate to receive such blessing.  But then I remember that's the way of the Father.  His delight in giving to His children.  His joy and our purpose - for relationship with Him. 

If this year brings anything, I pray it would bring a deeper understanding and knowledge of my Lord.  I hope the minutes that turn into days that turn into years will bring glory to my God.  And the time I spend will be well spent in time with Him.  Reading the life giving Word, praying diligently, seeking His will, and obeying readily and joyfully.

Thank you Lord for new beginnings and new grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment