Monday, July 11, 2011

Broken

 "Do not think that your work does not matter. In God’s hands, it will be broken, and broken, and broken again, until all who have need of it have eaten and are satisfied."
                                                               -Rachel Jankovich


Today is a day of brokeness. 
I feel as though I am that bread that was spread out among the five thousand.

Motherhood is not easy some days.  Today was one of the broken days, giving and giving and giving.  Giving 3 meals a day to my hungry family, giving popsicles to sweaty sweet faces, giving time as I clean all the sticky waffle crumbs off the floor, giving more time as I chase the dog around the neighborhood when the kids let him out, giving haircuts, giving to a moving friend, giving time to play a new game, giving baths, giving stories, giving bedtime hugs and prayers. . . All beautful things, but sometimes the giving makes one tired.  Sometimes the giving means sacrifice of my own wants, to the needs of those around me. 

So, today even though "I'm all give out" I will thank Him that I am able to give.  I will praise Him for the blessing of giving because these little things I give are nothing compared to the greatest gift of all, my Savior.


Counting the blessings:

151.  Syrup
152.  Neighbor girls
153.  New (to us) tents
154.  Potty training complete
155.  Storytime giggles
156.  Naps with my baby boy
157.  Cool popsicles
158.  Bible study learning
159.  Faithful friends
160.  Music to soothe the soul

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how God enables us as moms to be replenished to always give more? He's so good like that! You have a great list here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed here from Ann's...naps and storytime are the best! Blessings to you and may God give you a fresh dose of his strength =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep... seems like "giving" is what motherhood is about. it's a great gift and a great responsibility. Sacrificial and a wonderful blessing.... everything mixed into one with some exhaustion poured on top;)

    I love the syrup in the list:)

    ReplyDelete