Thursday, July 7, 2011

Now is the End

"We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not.  What we call the process, God calls the end. . . His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now.  God's end is to enable me to see that he can walk on the chaos of my life just now. . . if we realize that obedience is the end then each moment as it comes is precious."       
                                                                                                                     -Oswald Chambers


'Obedience is the end.' 

How I desperately need to learn this lesson!
How often do I focus on goals, on completing my to-do lists, on just getting to the end of the day, so I can find rest and completion.

He does not work at the end.
He works right now.  Right now in the midst of screaming toddlers and broken refrigerators and laundry piles and hot weather storms. 
This moment is all we have, the only real time we can fully follow the Faithful One is now


How often do I see the chaos around and forget the peace within. 

It is only by His power and His spirit can I face the difficulty that suffocates.  He alone brings freedom and hope.  And it is in this moment that I must learn to rely fully on His power.  

"With God all things are possible."

My prayer is that I would live what I believe, to take this moment and devote it fully in obedience to His will.  In stopping to seek Him, His end is fulfilled.  Let the 'precious' moments begin. 


-

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! Wish I could have read it earlier this AM... before I lost my focus again!

    ReplyDelete