Thursday, May 19, 2011

The End of the World

Some say the world is coming to an end this Saturday, May 21st.

I do not believe this to be true by any stretch of the imagination, but I do believe it gives food for thought.


What if this really was my last day to walk this earth?
My last day to parent and hug and kiss and tickle my children.
My last day to breathe sweet spring smells, feel whirling wind,see a sunset. 
My last day to tell my parents how grateful I am for raising me to know Christ.
My last day to serve and love and encourage my husband. 
My last day to live.

There would be regrets.

I am the queen of procrastination, always thinking, "I'll do that later" or "one day I'll get to that."  But today is the day.  Today is the day for finally making it down to the homeless shelter to volunteer my time.  Today is the day to witness to others of Christ's amazing gift of salvation.  Today is the day to give and live and love with all my heart. 

The only moment I am promised is now


So if Saturday really is the last day my breath is given, how will I spend my waking hours?  How will you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment