Monday, May 2, 2011

Knowing Him




                    "If there's a God who would enter humanity to capture the
                     heart of a rebel like me. . . I want to know His name. . .
                           I want to know that man."  -Christa Wells


I want to know this man who left glory to give all.  I want to know this man of sorrows who walked the broken road to reconcile the rebels to the Father.  I want to know this man who loves me. . . a fallen, dark, sin stained mess of a mother who fails daily. . .


I want to know this man who finds worth in the weary ones, who lifts us up and tenderly heals our wounds and tells us we are loved and worth the sacrifice of His life.  To know the Savior, to know Him and to trust Him with our very lives. . . that is an excellent goal.


May we all seek to know the Savior.  Seek Him through His Word and know 'God made flesh,' know the lover of our souls.






Thankful today for. . . 

100.  a way to know Him more

101.  the gift of music

102.  bright, cheerful mornings

103.  coupons (especially for fudge dipped cookies)

104.  free samples in the grocery store right at lunch time

105.  singing sweeties  "Marching to Zion"

106.  bunkbeds for boys




107.  giggles in the night

108.  a good night's sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment