Saturday, June 11, 2011

Love Never Fails



My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this week.
I have learned more through this journey of marriage than any other experience life has given me.  Marriage teaches so many things, most of it is summed up in the Word's definition of love. . .

                          "Love is patient.
                           Love is kind.
                           It does not envy,
                           It does not boast,
                           It is not proud.
                           It is not rude,
                           It is not self seeking,
                           It is not easily angered,
                           It keeps no record of wrongs.
                          
                           Love does not delight in evil,
                           But rejoices with the truth.
                           It always protects, always trusts,
                           Always hopes, always perseveres.
                          
                           Love never fails."                   
                                                              I Corinthians 13:4-8a




I am truly grateful for the gift of my husband and I am thankful to my Savior for teaching me about true love through the beautiful relationship of marriage. 


Happy Anniversary My Love. . .

The mystery of love covenant given breath on our wedding day.
Two lives made one by the Father.
Combined being starting their walk together, never to diverge on separate paths, but to hold and carry one another across the mountains and through the thick valleys.

To never walk alone, but alongside.
Sharing, holding, needing, giving, loving.
To hurt his hurt, to bear her burden, to cry and cling, to know.
Holy gift of communion.
Bonded unity, eternally one, sacred relationship.




No comments:

Post a Comment