Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stepping Out

The pitter patter of little feet fill my ears all day.  Sometimes I smile wide at the footsteps of children running wildly through the house, chasing the new dog, tagging one another, or singing loudly as they run and dance in spinning circles.  Other times the noise can be a bit overwhelming. . .  


It's times like these I need to step away and take a breath.  Our nature walks are becoming more frequent since the weather has been nice outside.  We go on a 'thankful walk' around the neighborhood mentioning things we are thankful for, as we walk together.  We also have a wooded area near our home where we take hikes down to a small stream and throw rocks in or collect our 'nature specimans.'  This has really helped lately to take the focus off of myself and the little spats the kids may be starting and to see the big picture. 



















Just the grandeur of our Lord's beautiful creation is enough to make you forget your little problems and realize there is a wonderful and magnificent God who is deserving of our highest praise!  So next time you feel a bit overwhelmed, step outside into the glory of His world to "taste and see that the Lord is good."    (Psalm 34:8) 

2 comments:

  1. yes, He is! And that's the KEY isn't it. Taking the focus off ourselves (and our circumstances) and being focused on serving the ONE who deserves the focus and praise.

    I"m almost finished with One Thousand Gifts!! I'll contact you about meeting up (and playing... hopefully) so I can pass you the book!! I have LOVED it and am thankful to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I like your flower pics! And the frog is super cute.... is it strange to think frogs are cute??

    ReplyDelete