Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pleasing

          "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
        be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer."

                                                                            Psalm 19:14


How these words silence me.  In them I find stillness, because only in the stillness and peace of knowing Him and lingering in His presence do I find myself pleasing Him. 


When my thoughts are of my Lord, when my words are prayers of praise, when my mind is focused on Him alone - then He is pleased.  Then, the deeds and words and relationships that fill my day will be centered on Him. 


When the fruit of my lips and the fruit of my heart meet in the Lord's good will and pleasure. . . I am complete. 


This is my prayer today, that the Rock of my life, the Redeemer of my soul, will smile, as I seek to offer up pure words and holy meditations of heart.

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse and what it calls me to!! And that chapter is just as awesome, the kids and I have been working on that chapter this year to commit it to memory. But that last verse is compelling!

    ReplyDelete